WooCommerce Order Status Control
WooCommerce Order Status Control lets you to control which types of paid orders get automatically marked as Completed. By default, the only paid orders automatically marked as Completed are downloadable virtual products. With Order Status Control, you can set the following order types to automatically as well:
- No orders: Prevents auto-complete regardless of the products ordered.
- All paid orders: Enforces auto-complete regardless of the products ordered.
- Paid orders for Virtual products: Allows auto-complete for virtual products without requiring they be Downloadable.
Once an auto-completed order is paid, it skips the Processing step and is immediately marked as Completed. This streamlines order administration for orders that don't require any action between these stages.
Installation and setup
- Sign in to WordPress.
- From the left-hand menu, go to WooCommerce and click on Extensions.
- From the GoDaddy Included Extensions list, scroll to Order Status Control and click on Install.
- Go to WooCommerce and click on Settings.
- Under the General tab, update the Orders to Auto-Complete setting to one of the following conditions:
- None: No orders auto-complete.
- All Orders: All paid orders auto-complete.
- Virtual Orders: Orders that contain only Virtual products auto-complete.
- Virtual & Downloadable Orders: Only paid orders for products that are both Virtual and Downloadable will auto-complete.
- Click on Save changes.
When an order that meets your criteria is paid, it will automatically update to Completed status, which will be documented in the Order Notes.Back To Top
Order Status Control will only complete paid orders, which requires the payment method to call the following:
Most payment methods already trigger auto-completion, however, orders that haven't been paid do not auto-complete. If your gateway doesn't identify when an order has been paid, such as defaulting orders to an on hold or pending payment status, Order Status Control won't automatically complete the order.
Gateway aside, Order Status Control will not auto-complete orders with the following payment methods:
- Check Payments
- Direct Bank Transfer / BACS
- Cash on Delivery