Why am I getting a permissions error message from Authorize.Net?
If you are trying to verify a payment or process an order in Quick Shopping Cart® and receive the Authorize.Net error "This account has not been given the permissions required for this request," you may need to update your merchant account settings. This error may have occurred because you initially set up your merchant account using the Authorize.net ID, and later set up another login under the same account. Adding the additional login automatically switched you to multi-user mode.
Depending on your settings, your account is operating in one of the following modes:
- Legacy Mode
- The default mode for existing accounts without multiple logins.
- Multi-user Mode
- A merchant account switches to this mode when an additional login is added to the Authorize.net account.
You can verify which mode your account is operating in by checking your security settings in the Authorize.net Merchant Account.
To Check Your Security Settings
- Log in to your merchant account.
- From the Settings menu, select Security Settings.
- If your settings are Transaction Key, your account is in Legacy Mode.
- If your settings are API Login ID and Transaction Key, your account is in Multi-user Mode.
To Update Your Quick Shopping Cart Account Settings
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- Click Quick Shopping Cart.
- Next to the account you want to use, click Manage.
- From the Set Up menu, in the Operations section, select Payment Options.
- Click Set Up in the Credit Card section.
- Next to Authorize.Net, click Edit.
- In the Login ID field, enter the API login ID.
- In the Transaction Key field, enter the transaction key.
- Click Verify to confirm that your account is able to connect to Authorize.net using these credentials.
- Click Save, and then publish the site for the changes to take effect.
Once the connection is approved, you can process any orders with the permissions error.