What type of hosting account do I have?
Our hosting products vary by type and plan. Here's how to check what type of hosting plan you have:
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Your hosting account type is shown under Web Hosting. Or, if you've got a WordPress Hosting account, your account type is shown under Managed WordPress.
Hosting Account Types and Tiers
The account types are:
- Web Hosting with cPanel: Linux operating system (OS) on the server, with cPanel access through the account Dashboard. You install apps like WordPress yourself, using cPanel.
- Managed WordPress: We'll install WordPress for you, with access to WordPress through the account Overview.
- Web Hosting Plus: Linux OS, with cPanel access through the account Dashboard. Includes more dedicated resources than Linux Hosting. You install apps like WordPress yourself, using cPanel.
- Windows Hosting with Plesk: Windows OS, with Plesk access through the account Dashboard. You install apps like WordPress yourself, using Plesk.
- Shared Hosting Linux or Web Hosting Windows: Also known as Web & Classic Hosting. These hosting plans are no longer available, however we still have support documentation for them. (Web & Classic Hosting help guide)
Tiers (Economy, Deluxe, Ultimate, and so on) represent the features that come with your hosting plan - the higher the tier, the better the features. For details on the tiers for your hosting, see: