What reports are available with my reseller account?
Your Basic and Pro Reseller account provides several reporting tools to help you manage and grow your business.
- Sign in to your Reseller Control Center (use your GoDaddy username and password).
- Go to Reports and select one of the following:
- Commissions — Track commissions by product for a specified period of time, including order amount, revenue, and commissions. The report will also show whether a customer is new or not. Select an order amount to see the breakdown of the orders on that date. This will help you determine how well your business is performing daily.
- Product Commissions — View breakdown of commissions based on product group, section, and term. The report displays Units, Retail, Wholesale, and Commissions. By selecting Units, you can see a breakdown of which customer made those purchases. This will help you determine how well each product is selling.
- Payment History — Monitor your historical commission payments from your Reseller plan based on what was sent to your provider. Our third-party vendor processes payments to you and has their own currency conversions rates that enact a small percent fee on each transaction. These rates may not be the exact rate listed on a search engine, as our partner may have different rates. You can see a rough estimate of your fees in your Payment information form for non-USD currencies. Additional fees may apply.
- Renewals — See upcoming renewals for your customers based on renewal date. Select Customer Name to view that customer's account details. You can use this report to anticipate specific customer renewals, and their impacts, and contact customers if needed.
- Customer Lookup — Find information about your customers. You can view a customer's contact information, order history, discount pricing status and delegate access.
- Customer Sales — View orders by customers for a specified period of time, including number of orders, total revenue and total commission. This report allows you to search for sales by product type, customer type, and order type.
- Now that you have a better understanding of your customers and which products are performing well, offer custom promotions to attract more business.