What is the subscription renewal process?
One of the most important parts of subscription plans generated by WooCommerce Subscriptions is the ability to charge a customer a recurring fee. A renewal order will be generated at regular intervals to take the recurring payment as per the subscription product settings.
The renewal process may differ based on the method that has been selected. There are currently two methods: Automatic renewal, and Manual renewal
Some common questions and actions relevant to the renewal process are:
- Setup automatic or manual recurring payment method.
- What are the differences between the two methods?
- Handle failed payments of subscription plans.
- Resubscribe to a cancelled plan.
- How to change from automatic to manual recurring payments (or from manual to automatic recurring payments)?
For more information about all of the above, you can check the WooCommerce Subscriptions documentation on the renewal process.
- General information about the WooCommerce Subscriptions plugin.
- Set a billing schedule for your subscriptions.
- Find out how you can create a subscription product.