What is delegate access?
Delegate access lets GoDaddy customers share access to their accounts with other people, but without having to share passwords or other secure information.
How does delegate access work?
As the account owner, you can invite others to access your account. If they accept your invitation, these delegates can open and use your products as they and you see fit:
- You decide if your delegates have permission to purchase products for your account. If so, delegates don't view and can't change your secure account information, like your payment methods or passwords.
- Products purchased by delegates on your behalf are added to your account.
- You can change permission levels or remove delegate access at any time.
- Delegates must have a GoDaddy account to accept your invitation. When you invite a delegate to access your account, we'll ask them to create an account if they don't have one.
How is delegate access different for domains?
Account owners can fine-tune domain access for their delegates by managing permissions with folders. Different access levels will allow delegates to take certain actions on specific domains — and the account owner controls all those details with folder permissions.
- You can also request access to another person's GoDaddy account.
- Learn more about delegate access levels.