Verify my GoDaddy Auctions® domain
If you’ve listed a domain on GoDaddy Auctions® that isn’t registered to your GoDaddy account, your domain ownership will have to be verified. A great way to verify and speed up the process is to add a TXT record to your domain.
- Go to the GoDaddy Auctions® page and log in to your account. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- Select Settings.
- Under Domain Ownership Verification > TXT Record, select Copy.
- Go to your DNS provider (outside of GoDaddy) and add the TXT record to your DNS zone file:
- Host/Name: Enter @ to add the record to your root domain.
- Points to/Value: The TXT record you copied from your GoDaddy Auctions® listing. Be sure to enter the entire TXT record.
- TTL:1 hour
- Save the new TXT record to your zone file.
Most DNS updates take effect within an hour, but could take up to 48 hours to update globally.
- Learn how to list your domain on GoDaddy Auctions®.