Use IMAP settings to add my email address to an email client
Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) lets you access email stored on a server from multiple devices. If you have IMAP-enabled email, you can set it up in pretty much any email client, on whatever computer or device you want.
These are generic instructions to help you add your email address to a desktop email client. For specific articles for adding your email address to your mobile or desktop, scroll down to the Related steps section in this article.
- Open your chosen email client and go to the create a new email account form.
- Locate the IMAP settings area (also called manual configuration).
- Enter the following (you need to enter one incoming port and one outgoing port):
Server hostname Port Incoming (IMAP) imap.secureserver.net 993 (SSL)
Outgoing (SMTP) smtpout.secureserver.net 465 (SSL)
587 (TSL/SSL - Mac)
80, 3535 or 25
Username Email address Password Email password
- Depending on your email client, you'll be asked for more info or email client preferences. You should be asked to save your settings.
Note: Our servers may use different names for folders than the client you're setting up. You may need to map folders, to get them to sync properly. We recommend searching the Internet for instructions on correctly mapping your folders, for your specific client.
- Add my Workspace Email to Outlook (Windows)
- Add my Workspace Email to Outlook (Mac)
- Add my Workspace Email to Mail (Mac)
- Add a payment method
- If you're upgrading from POP to IMAP, you won't lose your previous email data.
- Use POP settings to add my Workspace Email to an email client