Use a custom domain name
You can use a domain name you own with GoDaddy's URL shortener to create short, branded URLs to share on social media.
- The domain you use can't have another website hosted on it.
- If you only have one domain name (or want to incorporate your business's primary domain name), you can set up the shortener on a subdomain (such as subdomain.coolexample.com). For best results, we recommend having a domain name dedicated to your shortener.
Required: Before you can use the shortener with your custom domain, you need to set up forwarding for the custom domain. Then you'll be able to select your custom domain in the URL shortener.
- After you set up forwarding to your custom domain, here's how to use the URL shortener.
- You can always register additional domain names on our site.
- If the domain name you want to use is not in the same GoDaddy account, you need to configure its settings. For those instructions, click Help under the Enter domain name field.