Upgrade to business hosting
This article outlines how to upgrade from cPanel shared hosting to cPanel business hosting. If you need more resources on your shared hosting, but you don't need the dedicated power of shared hosting, you can upgrade your resources instead.
Before you upgrade
Before you upgrade your shared hosting to business hosting, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Migration - When you upgrade to business hosting, you are moving your hosting to a new server. This will automatically update DNS for all domains on the hosting account if they are in the same GoDaddy account. If your domains are in a different account or a different provider, you will need to update those domains to point them to your new business hosting account.
- Resources - Generally, business hosting will have more resources than your shared hosting account. However, in some cases you may run into storage or memory limits on business hosting. Make sure to check our resource limits chart to ensure you are upgrading to the right plan. If you have a large amount of data stored on your hosting account, such as older backups, you may need to delete some of this data in order to ensure that your migration is successful.
How to upgrade
- Log in to your cPanel hosting account.
- Click Upgrade.
- Choose the business hosting option you want, and click Upgrade.
- Review your purchase, then click Buy Now to complete the upgrade.
Your account upgrade will typically take from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the size of your sites. You will be notified when the upgrade is complete. Your sites may experience intermittent downtime until the upgrade is complete.