Understanding Linux Hosting with cPanel
Linux hosting, the most popular web hosting platform, offers features commonly used by web designers. cPanel, a hosting control panel, uses a graphical interface to access most of those features. To get your website up and running, set up your Linux Hosting account with cPanel.
Basic steps to use Linux hosting
- Use a FTP client to upload your files. Your hosting account uses public_html as the root directory for your primary domain.
- If you don't have a website yet, install a Content Management System (CMS), such as WordPress, to build your website and manage its content.
- After you have a website up and running, set up backups so you don't have to worry about losing your content. GoDaddy can back up your website for you or you can set up your own backups.
- Move my cPanel website with FTP and FileZilla
- Install WordPress on your Linux-hosted domain using cPanel
- Do you want us to automatically back up your site for you? See What is Website Backup?
- Do you want to handle backups on your own? See Back up my website in Linux Hosting