Site Backup database backup configuration
You have to manually configure your server to let Site Backup connect to your database server. If you don't configure this, Site Backup cannot connect or back up databases on your server.
- Connect to your server or shared hosting account with SSH
- Open the
- Locate the line that begins:
- Comment out this line by placing a hash (#) in front of it.
- Restart MySQL by running the following command, depending on your operating system:
OS Command to restart MySQL Ubuntu/Debiansudo restart mysql CentOS/Fedoraservice mysqld restart Arch/etc/rc.d/mysqld restart
Configure your control panel
If you have a Managed or Fully Managed server with cPanel or Plesk, you need to let the following IP addresses access your servers' databases:
- Log in to WHM.
- On the left, in the SQL Services section, click Additional MySQL Access Hosts.
- Enter the IP addresses listed above, and then click Save.
Note: If you want to use Site Backup with multiple cPanel sites, you can instead make this change in WHM.
Note: These steps assume you've created a database user that accepts remote connections from any host or from the IP addresses listed above.
- Log in to Plesk.
- Click the Server tab.
- In the Security section, click Firewall.
- Click the Firewall Rules tab.
- Click Client MySQL server.
- Select Switch on the rule.
- In the Remote addresses section, use the Add an IP address or a network field to Add the the IP addresses listed above.
- Click OK.
- Click MS SQL over TCP protocol and repeat the steps above to add the IP addresses to the firewall rule.