Set up my Managed WordPress site
Our Managed WordPress hosting optimizes WordPress for speed, performance, and security. We pay special attention to the technical and security requirements of WordPress, offering a simple one-click installation, convenient site migration, and professionally built templates to choose from.
1: Follow the setup wizard
How do you want to start building your WordPress website? There are three ways to set up your new Managed WordPress plan. Each option has a wizard that will guide you through the setup process.
- Use Default WordPress: Choose your own theme and builder - Start with this option to use the default WordPress experience as you know it. Already have a favorite theme? Choose your own theme and builder.
- Migrate My Site: Migrate an existing WordPress site - Already have a site? We'll guide you through the steps of moving over your whole site.
- Browse Templates: Browse our WordPress templates - New to WordPress? Quickly customize a ready-to-go site with your own images and content. Templates showcase our Go theme.
Get started with the wizard by adding a site!
2: Add a domain name
When you set up your Managed WordPress plan, we attach a temporary domain so you can get started building your site immediately! You can change the domain when you're ready for your site to go live.
3: Activate a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificate
An SSL certificate provides security and assures visitors your site is legitimate. Your Managed WordPress plan comes with an integrated SSL certificate that authenticates your website's identity and encrypts the connection between a browser and the server.
Congrats! You successfully set up your WordPress site! You can further improve your online presence by adding more features to your site. Here's what else you can do.
- Start building your site: It's time to start building and managing your website with WordPress. Learn how to choose a new theme, add pages and content, decide which page is your home page, and add your new pages to your site's navigation with our Get started with WordPress series.
- Get your online store up and running: Harness the power of WordPress and WooCommerce to create an engaging and successful online store. We'll guide you through the intricacies of setting up WooCommerce in our Get started with eCommerce Hosting guide.
- Add a payment gateway: All our Managed WordPress plans come with GoDaddy Payments pre-installed so you can start accepting all kinds of payments, from credit and debit cards to contactless Apple Pay and Google Pay. We even have Point of Sale (POS) devices available so you can accept payments in-person.