Restore user email accounts
You can restore a user account up to 30 days after its deletion date. A user can only be restored to the same or a higher plan and to the same GoDaddy account. Any aliases associated with the user account will also be restored.
Required: If your deleted account was on an Email Essentials Free Trial, you'll need to purchase an Email Essentials plan or greater before continuing.
- Sign in to your Email & Office Dashboard (use your GoDaddy username and password).
- Select Add user.
- Choose the same domain as the email account that was deleted, and then select Continue.
- Make sure that the Create single email tab is selected.
- Enter the same Email address as the deleted account.
- Enter a First name and Last name (they don't need to be the same as the deleted account).
- For the Account type, choose the same or a higher plan type. You might see an error if you choose a lower plan than what the previous account used.
- Enter the following:
- Share contacts and files with: You'll only see this if you have other domains available or multiple users to set up. If you shared contacts and files in the deleted account, they'll still work in the recovered account.
- Administrator permissions: Your previous admin settings will be restored. For example, if the account was an admin, it'll be an admin account again.
- Password: If this account is for you, or you want to create a password for the user, enter a password. This can be what was previously used or something different.
- Send account info to: Any account info, like when it's done being set up, will be sent to the email address(es) used in the previous account.
- Select Create.
Note: If you're asked to move your email, select No, Thanks. You might see this prompt if your domain is used with another email service.
- You'll be asked if you want to restore the account. Select Yes, restore, and then Ok.
It could take up to a day for the account to be restored. We'll email you when the account is ready using the address(es) entered in Send account info to.