Remove WordPress comments in the database
You can can remove WordPress comments from within the database. This can be helpful if you need to quickly remove a large amount of SPAM comments.
- Log into phpMyAdmin (cPanel / Plesk / Web & Classic / Managed WordPress).
Note: In cPanel Hosting you must select the database for your WordPress site in the left-hand column before proceeding to the next step.
- Click on the wp_comments table.
- Check the box next to each comment you want removed, or click the Check All box.
- Click Delete
- Click Yes
- If you are unfamiliar with phpMyAdmin, then you may want to consider removing contents in WordPress
- Return to Preventing WordPress comment spam.
- For more information about our premium support for WordPress, please visit our WP Premium Support Catalog.