Recover from failed Worker plugin installation in WordPress
GoDaddy uses the ManageWP Worker plugin to automatically migrate a WordPress site. If the ManageWP Worker plugin fails installation, you may need to manually install it to migrate the site.
Install ManageWP Worker plugin on old WordPress site
- Log into the WordPress Dashboard of the site you want to migrate from.
- Install the ManageWP Worker plugin. For assistance installing a plugin, see Install a plugin in WordPress.
Note: If you are not able to find the ManageWP Worker plugin, you can manually download it from the WordPress site. The ManageWP Worker plugin can be found at wordpress.org/plugins/worker.
Restart WordPress migration
- Log in to your GoDaddy account and open your product. (Need help opening your product?)
- Remove the failed migration.
- Restart the migration after the failed migration has been removed. For information on automatically migrating a WordPress site, see Move your WordPress site automatically.