Move my WordPress site automatically
Managed WordPress comes with an auto-migration feature to conveniently move your existing site.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- In your My Products page, in the Managed WordPress section, select Manage All.
- Next to Managed WordPress, select + Create Site.
- From the list of Your existing plans, select the Managed WordPress plan you want to use for the site you're moving, and then select Next.
- Select Migrate an existing WordPress site.
- Follow the wizard and fill in the appropriate fields. You'll need the following details to start the process:
- Domain name of the site you're migrating.
- The WordPress Username and WordPress Password for the site you're migrating.
- At the end of the wizard, select Next to start the migration.
- Larger and more complex sites could take more time to complete. We'll send an email when we're finished migrating your site.
- You may need to update any permalinks in the site.