Manually install an SSL certificate on my cPanel hosting
Not the right server type? Go back to the list of installation instructions.
Required: Deluxe and extended validation (EV) certificates, as well as SSLs for addon domains or subdomains must be installed manually.
- If you haven't done it already, download your certificate from the SSL manager and save the
.crtfile somewhere that's easy to find.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Select Web Hosting and then select Manage for the cPanel account you're installing the SSL on.
- Select cPanel Admin.
- In the Security section, select SSL/TLS.
- Under Certificates (CRT), select Generate, view, upload, or delete SSL certificates.
- In the Upload a New Certificate section, select Choose File and navigate to the
.crtfile you downloaded in step 1. Select the file and then select Open.
- If you want to, type a description of the certificate in the Description text box.
- Select Upload Certificate.
- When you get confirmation that the certificate has been saved, select Go Back.
- At the bottom of the SSL Certificates page, select Return to SSL Manager.
- Under Install and Manage SSL for your site (HTTPS), select Manage SSL Sites.
- In the Install an SSL Website section, select Browse Certificates.
- Select the certificate that you want to activate and select Use Certificate. This will auto-fill the fields for the certificate.
- At the bottom of the page, select Install Certificate.
- On the Successfully Installed pop up, select OK.
Your certificate is installed! Now you need to direct visitors to the secure version of your site by redirecting to HTTPS.