Import my contacts, calendar, and email
To move Outlook items from one address to another, or one device to another, first create an Outlook backup file. Once you have a backup file, you're ready to import to Outlook.
Note: GoDaddy doesn't support manual backups or imports of Outlook Data Files (.pst and .ost).
Select your version of Outlook to see its steps.
Outlook 2013, 2016, or newer (Windows)
Outlook for Windows can import PST or comma separated values (CSV) files.
- Open Outlook.
- In the upper-left corner, select File.
- Select Open & Export > Import/Export.
- Select Import from another program or file > Next.
- Select your file type (Comma Separated Values for .csv or Outlook Data File for .pst), and then select Next.
- Select Browse to choose the file you want to import. Under Options, choose how you want duplicate items to be handled, and then select Next.
- If the file is password protected, enter the password, and then select OK.
- Select the Microsoft 365 mailbox you want to import to. If you're not importing into your Microsoft 365 mailbox, select Import items into the current folder. This option will import your data into the currently selected folder.
- Select Finish. Outlook will start importing the Outlook items from your backup file. Once the progress box disappears, the import is complete.
Outlook 2016 or newer (Mac)
Outlook for Mac can import PST or OLM files.
- Open Outlook.
- If you're in the new version of Outlook, turn off the New Outlook switch. Otherwise, continue to the next step.
- On the Tools tab, select Import.
- Select your backup file type, and then select Continue.
- Locate the file on your Mac and select Import.
- Once the import is complete, select Finish. Your imported items appear in the navigation pane under On My Computer.
Import contacts in Outlook on the web
Outlook on the web can import comma separated values (CSV), and for best results, the file should have UTF-8 encoding. Learn more from Microsoft.
- Sign in to Outlook on the web. Use your Microsoft 365 email address and password (your GoDaddy username and password won't work here).
- In the lower left corner of the page, select People.
- In the upper-right corner, select Manage > Import contacts.
- Select Browse, choose your CSV file, and then select Open.
- Select Import.