Image links to itself in WordPress
When configured incorrectly, WordPress can make your images on your page or post link to the image itself. This can cause a poor user experience if the user clicks on the image and leaves the page or if a search engine ends up linking to the image instead of your post. You can use the steps below to fix this issue.
- Click on Pages or Posts depending which you need to edit.
- Click the edit under the page or post title.
- Click on the image in the text box.
- Click the Edit button to edit the image.
- Click the dropdown menu for Link To and select None.
- Click the Update button to save your changes to the image.
- Click the Update button to publish your changes to the page or post.
You have now resolved the image linking to itself.