Grow your mailing list on Managed WordPress Ecommerce
An important part of running an online store with WooCommerce is the ability to communicate with your customers by starting a mailing list. With a mailing list, you can share updates, product announcements, and sales with subscribers (customers and potential customers) who've asked to hear more from you.
Using Follow-Ups with WooCommerce is an easy way to add email marketing functionality and manage it all from within your WooCommerce admin dashboard!
You can add signup forms in multiple places on your site to allow customers to opt-in.
- When sending marketing or newsletter-type emails, you need to collect consent from subscribers. The easiest way to do this online is through a signup form.
- You can add signup forms to the header, footer, sidebar, landing page, or even a popup form.
- Use an incentive to encourage someone to subscribe, like a free download, contest, or even a coupon.
A mailing list can be used to build rapport and trust with your store, encouraging brand loyalty and increased revenue. Always think about what information you can send to your list that will be valuable to them. Perhaps you limit emails to once per week or alternate promotional emails with other valuable content.
- Include an unsubscribe link in all emails to make it easy for subscribers who want to be removed from your list. Your list is most valuable when you have engaged subscribers. It's not only about the numbers.
- Subscribers want to know: what's in it for me? If you keep this in mind when creating your signup forms and your newsletter content, you can find success with your mailing list.
- Learn how to set up Follow-Ups to add subscribers your mailing list .
- Subscriber lists contain data including name, email, and time of signup. Learn how to manage your subscribers with Follow-Ups in their documentation.