Get detailed errors for troubleshooting in my Windows Hosting account
By default, a website in your Windows Hosting account displays a custom, generic error when the site experiences a problem. We've provided this generic error message to prevent malicious users from obtaining sensitive information about your site.
To troubleshoot the issue, you can modify the web.config file and specify that a detailed error message is shown. A detailed error message can help locate the specific code that's causing the issue.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Select Web Hosting, and next to the Windows Hosting account you want to use select Manage.
- In the account Dashboard, select Plesk Admin.
- In the Plesk Websites & Domains page, just below the domain name, select Hosting Settings.
- Towards the bottom of the page deselect Custom error documents, and then select OK. When the settings are changed, a confiming message appears and you're returned to the Websites & Domains page.
- Select File Manager.
- In the File Manager list, select web.config. The web.config file opens in a code editor.
- After the opening
system.webServertag, and before the closing
system.webServertag, add the next code snippet. Be careful not to delete any of the existing code.
<httpErrors errorMode="Detailed" existingResponse="PassThrough"/>
- Select OK.
- Here's the home page for all Windows Hosting Help articles.