Delete my domain
We understand things happen and you may need to cancel your domain registration. We're sad to see you go, but we're here to help along the way. Canceling your domain will remove it from your account immediately, and any products using the canceled domain will stop working. If you're not using the domain, you can list your domain for sale instead of removing it from your account completely.
- Sign in to your GoDaddy Domain Portfolio. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- Select the checkboxes next to the domains you'll be updating. Or, select the checkbox next to Domain Name and then choose Select All.
- Select Delete domains from the action menu.
- Depending on your screen size, you may need to select the More menu and scroll down to see Delete domains.
- Confirm the domains will be deleted by selecting the checkbox next to Yes, I consent to delete the selected domains..
- You might be eligible for a refund, but refunds are not guaranteed.
- Any products using the selected domains, such as a website or email, will stop working after deleting domains. You can manually cancel these products, or connect your website and email to a different domain.
- Select Continue to delete the selected domains.
- If your domain has Domain Protection, you'll need to verify your identity. If you've had two-step verification (2SV) turned on for at least 24 hours, enter the code we sent via SMS, or enter the code from your authenticator app. Otherwise, enter the one-time password we sent to your registrant email address.
You'll see a Success confirmation letting you know your domain has been deleted.
- The registry may hold your canceled domain name before releasing it for others to use, so you might be able to re-register it once it is released.
- For refund eligibility, see our refund policy.
- Upgrade your domain protection if you decide to keep your domain name.