Check the limitations of my email
You might encounter an error when working with Office 365 because of email limits. For example, if you try to send an email to more than 500 people, you'll get an error because you've exceeded the maximum number of email recipients.
Note: These limitations only apply to Office 365. If you have Workspace email, see Workspace Limits.
For your reference, here are the limitations that apply to Office 365 from GoDaddy email accounts:
- Message Size — 25 MB per message, includes message header, body, and attachments
- Message Subject Length — 255 characters
- Message Rate (Outgoing) — 30 messages per minute, 10,000 messages per 24 hours, and (Incoming) — 3600 per hour
- Recipients — 500 recipients per message
- Shared Contacts — 1000 shared contacts
- Attachment Size — 125 attachments per message, not exceeding the 25 MB message size limit
Note: Outlook on the web has a maximum individual file attachment size of 10 MB.
- Distribution Group Members — 100,000 members
- ActiveSync Devices — 10 devices per mailbox
- Password — 8 characters minimum and 16 characters maximum
- Aliases — We recommend less than 200 aliases to ensure optimal performance, but there is no limit
- Messages per mailbox folder — 1 million messages
- Messages per folder in the Recoverable Items folder — 3 million messages
- Subfolders per mailbox folder — 1,000 folders
- Folder hierarchy depth — 300 levels
- Public folders — 100,000 folders
- Folders per public folder — 1,000 folders
- Rules — 300 rules
- To learn more, see Microsoft's article on email limits.