Changing Your Site's Navigation
From the Edit Navigation window in Website Builder, you can change your site's navigation buttons. You can apply your changes across all of the pages in your website or just individual pages. You can also add subnavigation buttons, which display below main navigation buttons.
Note: Subnavigation is not supported on Economy Website Builder plans. If you need to upgrade, see Upgrading Your Website Builder Plan.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account and open your product. (Need help opening your product?)
- In your Products list click Website Builder, and then click Manage next to the account you want to use.
- Click Design Your Pages.
- If necessary, from the Current Page menu, select the page that you want to modify.
- Click Pages, and then select Navigation.
- Select the navigation button that you want to change.
- From the Link Type menu, specify the kind of link you want to set for the button:
- Email — Creates a mailto: link to a designated email address. For example, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Page — Links to another page within your website.
- URL — Links to any valid URL that you specify. For example, http://www.google.com.
- Upload — Opens a file that you have uploaded to your account. This option is available only if you have uploaded files to your Website Builder account.
- Forum — Links to a Forum. This option is available only if you have a Forum account in the same account as your Website Builder account.
- Anchor — Jumps to an anchor link on a specific page. This option displays if one of your pages contains an anchor link.
- Store — Links to your Quick Shopping Cart® storefront. This option is available only if you have a Quick Shopping Cart account in the same account as your Website Builder account.
- In the Goes To section, either enter an email address, select a page, enter a URL, select a file to open, select the forum, or select the store where you want your navigation to go.
- In the Navigation title field, enter a title for the navigation button.
- To automatically load the page in a new browser window, select Open In New Window.
- To apply your navigation menu changes to all of the pages in your website, from the Apply to menu, select All Pages.
- To apply your navigation menu changes to the page you selected, from the Apply to menu, select This Page.
- To add a navigation button, click Add Navigation.
- To add a subnavigation button, click Add Subnavigation.
- To edit a navigation button, select the navigation button name you want to edit, update the button properties as necessary, and then click Apply.
- To change the order in which navigation buttons display, select and drag the button name you want to move to the location where you want it to display in the organization tree.
- To delete a navigation button, click the Delete icon next to the navigation item you want to remove.
- Click Apply and then click OK.