Change WordPress permalinks
WordPress permalinks are the permanent web address URLs for your posts and pages. Using custom WordPress permalinks can improve the ranking of your site on search engines and help with search engine optimization (SEO). Also, custom permalinks are easier for your visitors to remember. You can activate and update permalinks through your WordPress dashboard in order to have SEO-friendly URLs.
- Sign in to WordPress.
- In the left-side menu, select Settings and then select Permalinks.
- Select the permalink structure you prefer or select Custom Structure and create a custom one.
Note: OPTIONAL: You can also create a structure for your categories and tags.
- Select Save Changes.
- The URL on your website's pages should display the permalink settings you selected.
- Troubleshooting WordPress
- The perfect WordPress SEO permalink structure
- If you don't want to change the permalink structure yourself, our WordPress Premium Support team can do that for you.