Change my primary domain name
You can change the primary domain name on your Web & Classic Hosting account. This will change the domain name associated with your account's Web root directory.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account and open your product. (Need help opening your product?)
- From the More menu, click Hosted Domains.
- Select the primary domain currently assigned to your hosting account, then click Change Primary.
Note: A star marks your current primary domain.
- Enter the new primary domain name you are changing to.
- Click OK to confirm the domain change.
Note: This process can take up to 24 hours to complete. There is no charge to change your domain name.
- To ensure your website shows up correctly online, you will also need to update DNS for your domain name.
- Save your content locally by backing up your website via FTP.