Change a TXT record
A TXT record (short for text record) is an informational DNS record used to associate arbitrary text with a host or other name. TXT records are commonly used to verify domain ownership, SSL verification, and email sender policies, such as SPF records and DMARC policies. Change your TXT records in your GoDaddy account at any time.
- Log in to your GoDaddy Domain Control Center. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- Select your domain to access the Domain Settings page.
- Under Additional Settings, select Manage DNS.
- On the DNS Management page, select the pencil icon next to the TXT record you need to edit.
- Edit the details for your TXT record:
- Host: The host name for the TXT record. To put the record on your root domain, enter @ in the Host field.
- TXT Value: The character string you'll be using as the destination for your host. This is often the verification or email policy text for the record.
- TTL: How long the server should cache information. The default setting is 1 hour.
- Select Save to save your changes.
Please allow up to 48 hours for your changes to take full effect globally.
- TXT records have a maximum character limit of 1024 and only UTF-8 characters are supported.
- Delete or add a TXT record at any time.