Cancel 2SV - I don't have access to my device
Losing access to your device doesn’t mean losing access to your account! If you no longer have the device, authenticator app or hardware security key that you used to set up 2-step verification, we’ve still got you covered.
Step 1: Check for a backup 2SV method
If you’ve set up an additional 2SV method, you may not need our help at all! We encourage you to set up multiple 2SV methods, so you’ve got an alternate method if you lose access to one. There are three different ways you can set up 2SV:
- Authenticator app (like Google Authenticator or Authy)
- SMS text message to your 2SV phone number
- Security key connected through Bluetooth or on your USB port
When you’re prompted for your 2SV code during sign-in, select Having trouble signing in? to see a list of 2SV methods that you’ve set up. If you’ve got a backup, select it from the list and verify your account that way.
Step 2: Request access via a webform
We know you’ve got a lot going on, and we want to get you back into your account as quickly as possible. If you don’t have any way to get your 2SV security code, we’ve got a webform just for you. Send us your request and we’ll be happy to help you out!
- Visit our Request to disable 2SV page and select Get Started.
- Under Account Information, enter your Customer Number and select Next.
- Not sure about this? Complete the Forgot Username process to see both your username and Customer Number.
- Under Your Contact Information, enter your Name, Email Address, and Phone Number, then select Next.
- This email address is how we’ll communicate with you, and it must match the email that's on your account. If you need to update the email address on file, use this webform to change it.
- Under Provide Identification, upload a color copy of your government-issued photo identification card. The copy must show a complete name and signature, date of birth, issue and expiration dates, and the person pictured must be clearly identifiable. Select Next.
- Wait… why do you need my ID? You’ve set up 2SV because you want to make sure your account is secure. We want to make sure of that too! We require an ID to bypass the 2SV security measure to make sure that you’re the account owner, so we can keep your account safe from any takeover attempts. Rest assured that the information you send is protected and isn’t used beyond the need to verify your account ownership. For more information about these requirements, please see our Terms of Service.
- Under Company Information, verify whether a company is listed as the account holder, then select Next.
- Add any Additional Information (optional) that you feel would be helpful to include, then select Next.
- Under Confirmations and Agreements, check the box to agree, then complete the security challenge.
- Select Finish to submit your request. You'll hear back from us shortly!
Note: This process is currently experiencing a large volume of requests. We are working diligently to respond as quickly as possible.
- Did you recently change the phone number in your profile? Changes in your profile don’t carry over to your 2SV settings, so make sure that you also change your 2-step verification number.