Back up my Generation 4 server
Every week, we create a backup for your Generation 4 VPS. New backups overwrite the snapshot from the previous week.
If you like, you can manually create a backup any time. When you create a backup file manually, the previous manual backup file is overwritten.
Note: This article applies to Generation 4 VPS only.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account. (Need help logging in?)
- In your My Products page, click Servers.
- Next to the Generation 4 VPS you want to back up, click Manage.
- Click Server Options and then select Stop Server.
Note: Turning off the server before backing up creates the most accurate backup.
- In the top left corner of the page, next to Dashboard, click Backups.
- In the On Demand section, below Want to create a new backup? click Create.
- Enter a Backup Name for the file. The filename must be 5 to 16 characters long, and may contain only letters, numbers, hyphens, and underscore characters.
- Click Backup Now. We'll create a backup file, and when we're done the new backup file name appears in the On Demand section.