Add domains to DNS hosting
Add DNS hosting to create a DNS zone file for domains that aren't registered with GoDaddy. This lets you add, edit, and delete DNS records for those domains right in your GoDaddy account. You'll need to update the nameservers on your domain where it's registered to activate the zone file that we'll create for you.
- Sign in to your GoDaddy Domain Portfolio. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- From the side menu, select DNS Hosting under Services.
- Select Add DNS Hosting.
- Enter your domain name and then select Add.
- Update the nameservers on your domain where it's registered to the pair of nameservers we provide. Select to copy the nameservers to your clipboard.
- Your zone file won't be active in your GoDaddy account until you update the nameservers on your domain.
- Select Done when you're finished, or you can choose to Add Another Domain.
Most DNS updates take effect within an hour but could take up to 48 hours to update globally.
- Delete your domain from DNS Hosting if you no longer want to manage DNS with GoDaddy. You may need to change your nameservers at your new DNS provider after removing your domain.