Add a promotional banner to my website
Sometimes you have breaking news that needs your customers’ attention as soon as they land on your site. Use the promotional banner (the colorful ribbon at the top of your site) or a pop-up box (especially if you want to add an image) to direct customers to the latest news and promotions your business has to offer.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Scroll to Websites + Marketing and select Manage next to your website to open your site.
- Select Edit Website or Edit Site to open your website builder.
- Select your header section (the first section on your Home page).
- Select Promotional Banner.
- Toggle Show Promotion to the on position.
- Edit your custom message and choose to add a seasonal decoration or not. If you choose to add a link, you can link to:
- A page and section within your website.
- A separate URL such as a social media page.
- A phone number.
- An email.
- A product category (for example, Newest) if you're using the Commerce plan (compare plans and pricing).
- When you're finished, select Done.
- Your changes are saved automatically. Use Preview to see the results and when you're ready to make the changes public, publish your site.