Add a control panel
If you previously purchased your dedicated or Virtual Private Server (VPS) without a control panel, you can purchase the upgrade to add a control panel and reprovision your server with the selected control panel installed.
To Purchase a Control Panel
- Log in to your customer account, and then, Click Servers.
- Click on the name of the server you would like to use, and then click Options.
- Go to the Customize tab.
- From the Control Panel menu, select the control panel you would like to add.
- Click Continue, and then complete the purchase.
Once you purchase your control panel, you can upgrade using the Server Hosting Manager.
Your server will not be reprovisioned and your new control panel will not be installed until you initiate the upgrade from the Dedicated Hosting Manager.
To Upgrade to a Control Panel on Your Server
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- Under the Hosting & Email section, select Servers.
- Next to the server you want to use, click Manage.
- Under the Account Summary section, click Initiate Control Panel Set Up. The Reprovision Server page opens.
- If you choose to, enter a new hostname and username. These values are defaulted to the current hostname and username for this account.
- Enter and confirm a new password and then click Submit.
You will receive a confirmation notice when your control panel upgrade is complete and you can access your account.
Note: Typically, your server will be ready in less than five hours. However, if you have a RAID card or hardware firewall, it may take up to 24 hours before your server is ready.