Add a blog to my website
By adding a blog to your website, you can quickly post new content to engage visitors. Daily tips, eye-catching photos, tasty recipes or industry insights — blog items don't need to be long. Frequency counts more than perfection: The point is to make your site stand out in the digital crowd.
Watch a short video of this task further down the page.
Note: If you simply want to display another site's blog, see Display another site's blog on my website.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Scroll down to Websites + Marketing and select Manage next to the website you want to change.
- Click Edit Site.
- Select the plus button or Add Section where you want to add your blog posts.
- Click the My Blog panel.
- Click any layout for now; you'll pick the one you want in the next step.
- After a confirmation briefly appears, you can change the Layout, Accent color, Title and, depending on the chosen layout, the Background Image.
Customizing your blog settings
- Layout: Click arrow to switch layouts
- Accent: Click another rectangle to change contrast color
- Title: Type in field to change blog's section name
- My blog button: Leave it selected unless you want to display another site's blog.
- Manage Blog: Change screens to the blog editor.
- Background Image: Click arrow to change focal point or switch image
Note: The Done button appears as soon as you make your first change, but you can ignore it to make all your changes at the same time.
- When you're done making changes, click Done to close the panel or click Manage Blog to jump straight to the blog editor where you can edit posts or create new ones.
Show me how
This video is part of the How-To series for Adding Advanced Functionality in Website Builder
- With that done, here's the fun part: Create blog posts.