About .sg Domains
Singapore Network Information Centre (SGNIC) Pte Ltd is the sponsor and Hexonet aka 1 Api GmbH / ADICIO PTE LTD is our backend provider for the country-code top-level domain name (ccTLD) .sg extension that represents Singapore.
Who can register .sg domains?
To purchase a .sg domain, you must provide the following:
Registrants do not have the right to sell or transfer .sg domains to any party for profit.
Both the admin ID and BID fields are case sensitive.
- Must use: 3 - 63 characters
- Can use: Letters (a-z characters), numbers (0-9) and hyphens (except in the 1st or last characters of the domain name)
- Cannot use: Special characters (e.g., & and #)
- IDNs: Not Supported
- Registration length: 1-2 years
- Renewal length: 1-2 years
You must renew your .sg domain name by its expiration date.
- If you set your domain name to auto-renew, we first attempt auto-renewal 21 days prior to the domain name's expiration date.
- If the renewal attempt fails, we re-attempt renewal 14 days prior to the domain name's expiration date. If the second attempt fails, we make a final attempt 7 days prior to the domain name's expiration date.
- For example: Your .sg domain name expires on January 31st. If your domain name does not renew automatically, you can renew it manually by January 24th. For automatic renewals, we attempt to renew the domain name on January 10th, January 17th, and January 24th.
- Transfers to another GoDaddy account: Not Supported
- Basic privacy protection: Not supported
- Protection plan upgrades: Not supported
- CashParking: Not supported
- Contact Updates: Supported
- Must use: 2-13 Nameservers
- Can use: IPv4
- Cannot use: IPv6, DNSSEC
- If the DNS is not resolving and there are no apparent problems, do a WHOIS lookup at SGNIC registry. If the Domain Status: VerifiedID@SG-Pending (ID NOT VERIFIED. PENDING ADMIN CONTACT VERIFICATION - the Registry will not allow the domain name to resolve. Pending contact verifications are daily instructional emails from the registry to the the admin contact.
- If the ID has been verified review for Domain Status: RegistryLock - this is a service provided by the registry directly. For more information on Registry Locks please visit: Registry Lock FAQ
- NS updates can take up to 5 days to complete.
RefundsFor details on refunds, see our refund policy. Most domains will follow the Standard Refund Terms, but certain domains may have exceptions or may not be refundable at all. Review the information under Products with Special Refund Terms > Domain Name Registrations/Renewals and Products Not Eligible for Refunds.
To cancel your .sg domain, contact our GoDaddy Guides for assistance.