About .ONG domains
Public Interest Registry (PIR) is the sponsor and Identity Digital is the backend provider for the .ONG extension.
Who can register .ONG domains?
Anyone can register .ONG domain names on a first-come, first-served basis.
PIR has determined that organizations formed under the laws of the People’s Republic of China (or any territory thereof) do not meet the criteria “Limited Government Influence” and “Independent Actors.” Accordingly, prospective registrants from China and its territories should not register .NGO and .ONG as they will not meet PIR’s Eligibility Requirements. In the event PIR discovers that a .NGO or .ONG domain name is registered by an organization organized under the laws of the People’s Republic of China (or any territory thereof), PIR will delete the registration for failing to meet our Eligibility Requirements.
When registering a .ONG domain, you must follow specific requirements.
- Must use: 2-63 characters
- Can use: Letters (a-z characters), numbers (0-9) and hyphens (except in the 3rd or 4th characters of the domain name)
- Cannot use: Special characters (e.g., & and #)
- IDNs: Supported
- Registration length: 1-10 years
- Renewal length: 1-10 years
- If you have auto-renew enabled, we’ll attempt to charge the associated payment method and renew your .ONG domain on its expiration date.
- If auto-renew fails or isn't enabled at all, we’ll park your .ONG domain. A parked domain will display a temporary web page when the domain name is entered in a web browser.
- If the domain isn't manually renewed within 40 days following expiration, we cancel it and remove it from your account.
- Backorders: Not supported
- Transfers to GoDaddy: Supported
- Transfers away from GoDaddy: Supported
- Transfers to another GoDaddy account: Supported
- Basic privacy protection: Supported
- Protection plan upgrades: Supported
- CashParking: Supported
- Contact updates: Supported
RefundsFor details on refunds, see our refund policy. Most domains will follow the Standard Refund Terms, but certain domains may have exceptions or may not be refundable at all. Review the information under Products with Special Refund Terms > Domain Name Registrations/Renewals and Products Not Eligible for Refunds.
- Must use: 1-13 nameservers
- Can use: DNSSEC, IPv4, IPV6