About .NYC domains
GoDaddy Registry, Acting for the City of New York is the sponsor and GoDaddy Registry is the backend provider for the .NYC extension.
Who can register .NYC domains?
To register a .NYC domain name, you must have a physical address in one of the five boroughs of New York. P.O. boxes are not permitted.
Important Notice: If you need to update the details for your 5th contact, you must contact support.
Attention C3: Please reach out to ATS with help updating the 5th contact.
- Must use: 1-63 characters
- Can use: Letters (a-z characters), numbers (0-9) and hyphens (except in the 3rd or 4th characters of the domain name)
- Cannot use: Special characters (e.g., & and #)
- IDNs: Supported
- Registration length: 1-10 years
- Renewal length: 1-10 years
- If you have auto-renew enabled, we’ll attempt to charge the associated payment method and renew your .NYC domain on its expiration date.
- If auto-renew fails or isn't enabled at all, we’ll park your .NYC domain. A parked domain will display a temporary web page when the domain name is entered in a web browser.
- If the domain isn't manually renewed within 40 days following expiration, we cancel it and remove it from your account.
- Backorders: Not supported
- Transfers to GoDaddy: Supported
- Transfers away from GoDaddy: Supported
- Transfers to another GoDaddy account: Supported
- Basic privacy protection: Not Supported
- Protection plan upgrades: Not Supported
- CashParking: Supported
- Contact updates: Supported
RefundsFor details on refunds, see our refund policy. Most domains will follow the Standard Refund Terms, but certain domains may have exceptions or may not be refundable at all. Review the information under Products with Special Refund Terms > Domain Name Registrations/Renewals and Products Not Eligible for Refunds.
- Must use: 1-13 nameservers
- Can use: DNSSEC, IPv4, IPV6