About .la Domains
CentralNic is the sponsor and backend provider for the country-code top-level domain name (ccTLD) .la extension that represents Laos, but is used as the first City Top Level Domain for Los Angeles.
Who can register .la domains?
Anyone can register .la domain names.
When registering a .la domain, you must follow specific requirements.
- Must use: 3 - 63 characters
- Can use: Letters (a-z characters), numbers (0-9) and hyphens (except in the 1st, 3rd, 4th or last characters of the domain name)
- Cannot use: Special Characters (e.g.,& and #)
- IDNs: Not supported
- Registration length: 1-10 years
- Renewal length: 1-10 years
- We'll attempt to auto-renew your .la domain on its expiration date. We'll park .la domain names after the first failed billing attempt. If the domain isn't renewed within 40 days following expiration, we cancel it and remove it from your account.
- Backorders: Not supported
- Transfers to GoDaddy: Supported
- Transfers away from GoDaddy: Supported
- Transfer Lock: Supported
- You must initiate the transfer with the gaining registrar, who will require the registrant to provide an authorization code for the transfer. Contact our GoDaddy Guides for help.
- Transfers to another GoDaddy account: Supported
- Basic privacy protection: Supported
- Protection plan upgrades: Supported
- CashParking: Not supported
- Contact Updates: Supported
- Must use: 2-13 Nameservers
- Can use: IPv4, IPv6
- Cannot use: DNSSEC
For details on refunds, see our refund policy. Most domains will follow the Standard Refund Terms, but certain domains may have exceptions or may not be refundable at all. Review the information under Products with Special Refund Terms > Domain Name Registrations/Renewals and Products Not Eligible for Refunds.