About .FILM domains
Motion Picture Domain Registry (Motion Picture Domain Registry Pty Ltd) is the sponsor and Neustar is the backend provider for the .FILM extension.
Who can register .FILM domains?
There are two scenarios where an applicant or registrant is eligible to register a .FILM domain name:
- The applicant or registrant must be a member of an approved association, body or union and closely connected to the domain name.
- If the domain name is a film title, the applicant or registrant must be a member of an approved association, body or union and hold rights to the exact matching film title.
For a list of approved associations, bodies, and unions, or for more information about eligibility requirements, please see the Eligibility section of the .FILM registry
When registering a .FILM domain, you must follow specific requirements.
- Must use: 1-63 characters
- Can use: Letters (a-z characters), numbers (0-9) and hyphens (except in the 3rd or 4th characters of the domain name)
- Cannot use: Special characters (e.g., & and #)
- IDNs: Not Supported
- Registration length: 1-10 years
- Renewal length: 1-10 years
- If you have auto-renew enabled, we’ll attempt to charge the associated payment method and renew your .FILM domain on its expiration date.
- If auto-renew fails or isn't enabled at all, we’ll park your .FILM domain. A parked domain will display a temporary web page when the domain name is entered in a web browser.
- If the domain isn't manually renewed within 40 days following expiration, we cancel it and remove it from your account.
- Backorders: Not supported
- Transfers to GoDaddy: Supported
- Transfers away from GoDaddy: Supported
- Transfers to another GoDaddy account: Supported
- Basic privacy protection: Not Supported
- Protection plan upgrades: Not Supported
- CashParking: Supported
- Contact updates: Supported
RefundsFor details on refunds, see our refund policy. Most domains will follow the Standard Refund Terms, but certain domains may have exceptions or may not be refundable at all. Review the information under Products with Special Refund Terms > Domain Name Registrations/Renewals and Products Not Eligible for Refunds.
- Must use: 1-13 nameservers
- Can use: DNSSEC, IPv4, IPV6