About .es domains
Dominios.es is the sponsor and Domainbox is our backend provider for the country-code top-level domain name (ccTLD) .es extension that represents Spain.
Who can register .es domains?
Anyone can register a .es domain names on a first-come, first-served basis, however, everyone/every company has to provide an ID number from a government issued ID (i.e. driver's license, passport, tax ID card, company registration number, VAT number). If the registrant of the domain name is an individual, the domain name registrant and its administrative contact must match.
- .es - Intended for all entity types
- .com.es - Intended for commercial entities.
- .nom.es - Intended for personal names.
- .org.es - Intended for non-commercial entities.
When registering a .es domain, you must follow specific requirements.
- Must use: 1-63 Characters
- Can use: Letters (a-z characters), numbers (0-9) and hyphens (except in the 1st, 3rd, 4th, or last characters of the domain name)
- Cannot use: Special Characters (e.g.,& and #)
- IDNs: Not supported
- Registration length: 1-10 years
- Renewal length: 1-10 years
- Your .es domain name must renew prior to its expiration date. The renewal date depends on whether you manually renew it or let us auto-renew it.
- You can manually renew your .es domain name in the Domain Manager when it is within 1 year of expiration. For more information, see Manually renew my products or services.
- If you do not manually renew your domain name, we attempt auto-renewal 26 days prior to its expiration date. If our auto-renewal attempt fails, we re-attempt auto-renewal 19 days prior to expiration. If our second attempt at auto-renewal fails, we make a final attempt 12 days prior to expiration.
- If our final attempt to auto-renew the domain name fails and you did not manually renew it, we will park your domain and you must redeem it. There might be a redemption fee. See Renew my expired domain for redemption instructions.
- Backorders: Not supported
- Transfers to GoDaddy: Supported
- Note that .es transfers are unique:
- The domain name does not have to be unlocked to be available for transfer.
- You do not need to use an authorization code. When transferring in, leave the authorization code field blank and just click on the authorization box to proceed.
- The Whois Admin contact receives an email containing approve and cancel links and has up to 10 days to approve or cancel the transfer. If the Whois Admin contact approves the transfer within 10 days, the transfer is complete.
- Due to registry limitations, no extra registration time is added to a .es domain name when you transfer it to us.
- Transfers away from GoDaddy: Supported
- The same registry rules exist as with transferring a .es domain name to us. Check with your new registrar for exact information on beginning the transfer process. The domain name does not need to be unlocked to be available for transfer.
- Transfers to another GoDaddy account: Supported
- When you move a .es domain name, the registrant's first name, last name, and company name cannot be changed.
- Basic privacy protection: Not supported
- Protection plan upgrades: Not supported
- CashParking: Not supported
- Contact Updates: Supported
- To change the contact details please reach out to our GoDaddy Guides for help.
- Must use: 2-4 Nameservers
- Can use: IPv4
- Cannot use: IPv6, DNSSEC
- Want to register a .es domain? Search for your domain today.
- Want to register a .com.es domain? Search for your domain today.
- Want to register a .nom.es domain? Search for your domain today.
- Want to register a .org.es domain? Search for your domain today.
- Check out our most common domain articles to get started with your .es domain.
RefundsFor details on refunds, see our refund policy. Most domains will follow the Standard Refund Terms, but certain domains may have exceptions or may not be refundable at all. Review the information under Products with Special Refund Terms > Domain Name Registrations/Renewals and Products Not Eligible for Refunds.
To cancel your .es domain names, please reach out to our GoDaddy Guides for help.