About .cl Domains
Nic.cl is the sponsor and Hexonet aka 1 Api GmbH is our backend provider for the country-code top-level domain name (ccTLD) .cl extension that represents Chile.
Who can register .cl domains?
Companies or organizations that reside in Chile can register .cl domain names. In addition the administrative contact for the domain must have an address in Chile, and provide a RUT ID.
When registering a .cl domain, you must follow specific requirements.
- Must use: 1 - 63 Characters
- Can use: Can use: Letters (a-z characters), numbers (0-9) and hyphens (except in the 1st or last characters of the domain name)
- Cannot use: Special characters (e.g., & and #)
- IDNs: Not supported
- Registration length: 1-10 years
- Renewal length: 1-10 years
- There is no manual-renewal or auto-renewal grace period. Explicit renewals are allowed at any time up to 29 days past expiration.
- Backorders: Not supported
- Transfers to GoDaddy: Not Supported
- Transfers away from GoDaddy: Supported
- Transfer Lock: Supported
- Please reach out to our GoDaddy Guides to request an authorization code.
- Transfers to another GoDaddy account: Not Supported
- Basic privacy protection: Not supported
- Protection plan upgrades: Not supported
- Cash Parking: Not Supported
- Contact Updates: Supported
- To update the registrant, on a .cl domain, contact our GoDaddy Guides for assistance.
- Must use: 0-6 Nameservers
- Can use: IPv4
- Cannot use: DNSSEC, Vanity Nameservers, IPv6
For details on refunds, see our refund policy. Most domains will follow the Standard Refund Terms, but certain domains may have exceptions or may not be refundable at all. Review the information under Products with Special Refund Terms > Domain Name Registrations/Renewals and Products Not Eligible for Refunds.
To cancel your .cl domain, contact our GoDaddy Guides for assistance.
- Want to register a .cl domain? Search for your domain today.
- Check out our most common domain articles to get started with your .cl domain.