About .cc domains
Verisign is the sponsor and backend provider for the country-code top-level domain name (ccTLD) .cc extension that represents Cocos (Keeling) Islands.
Who can register .cc domains?
Anyone can register a .cc domain.
When registering a .cc domain, you must follow specific requirements.
- Must use: 1-63 characters
- Can use: Letters (a-z characters), numbers (0-9) and hyphens (except in the 1st or last characters of the domain name)
- Cannot use: Special Characters (e.g.,& and #)
- IDNs: Not supported
- Registration length: 1-10 years
- Renewal length: 1-10 years
- Auto-renewal of your .cc domain name renews on the day after its expiration date. If the renewal attempt fails, we re-attempt renewal 4 days later and again in another 7 days.
- If we cannot auto-renew the domain name and you do not manually renew it by the 12th day after the expiration date, it must be redeemed. There might be a fee for the redemption. See Renew my expired domain for more information.
- For example: Your .cc domain name expires on October 1. If your domain name does not renew automatically, you can renew it manually until October 20. For automatic renewals, we attempt to renew the domain name on October 2, October 6, and October 13.
- Backorders: Not supported
- Transfers to GoDaddy: Supported
- Transfers away from GoDaddy: Supported
- Transfer Lock: Supported
- Transfers to another GoDaddy account: Supported
- Basic privacy protection: Supported
- Protection plan upgrades: Supported
- CashParking: Not supported
- Contact Updates: Supported
- Must use: 2-13 Nameservers
- Can use: IPv4
- Cannot use: IPv6, DNSSEC