About .ATTORNEY domains
Donuts is the sponsor and backend provider for the .ATTORNEY extension.
Who can register .ATTORNEY domains?
Anyone can register .ATTORNEY domain names on a first-come, first-served basis. However, if you intend to host legal services on your domain name, the following eligibility information is required:
- Accrediting Body
- Accrediting Body Email
- Accrediting Body Phone
An accrediting body is an organization or institution that is accepted as providing official credentials.
When registering a .ATTORNEY domain, you must follow specific requirements.
- Must use: 1-63 characters
- Can use: Letters (a-z characters), numbers (0-9) and hyphens (except in the 3rd or 4th characters of the domain name)
- Cannot use: Special characters (e.g., & and #)
- IDNs: Supported
- Registration length: 1-10 years
- Renewal length: 1-10 years
- If you have auto-renew enabled, we’ll attempt to charge the associated payment method and renew your .ATTORNEY domain on its expiration date.
- If auto-renew fails or isn't enabled at all, we’ll park your .ATTORNEY domain. A parked domain will display a temporary web page when the domain name is entered in a web browser.
- If the domain isn't manually renewed within 40 days following expiration, we cancel it and remove it from your account.
- Backorders: Not supported
- Transfers to GoDaddy: Supported
- Transfers away from GoDaddy: Supported
- Transfers to another GoDaddy account: Supported
- Basic privacy protection: Supported
- Protection plan upgrades: Not Supported
- CashParking: Supported
- Contact updates: Supported
- Must use: 1-13 nameservers
- Can use: DNSSEC, IPv4, IPV6