About .at Domains
Nic.at is the sponsor and our backend provider for the country-code domain (ccTLD) .at extension that represents Austria.
Who can register .at domains?
Anyone can register .at domain names.
When registering .at domains, you must follow specific requirements.
- Must use: 1-63 characters
- Can use: Letters (a-z characters), numbers (0-9) and hyphens (except in the 1st or last characters of the domain name)
- Cannot use: Special characters (e.g., & and #)
- IDNs: Supported - Latin
- Registration length: 1 year
- Renewal length: 1 year
- Your .at domain name renews before its expiration date. The renewal date depends on whether the domain name is auto-renewed or renewed manually. Auto-renewal is attempted 17 days prior to the domain name's expiration. If the renewal attempt fails, we re-attempt renewal 10 days prior to expiration. If the second attempt fails, we try one more time 1 day prior to the expiration date.
- If we cannot auto-renew the domain name and you do not manually renew 1 day prior to the expiration date, it must be redeemed. There might be a fee for the redemption. See Renew my expired domain for instructions on the redemption.
- For example: Your .at domain name expires on January 31. If your domain name does not renew automatically, you can renew it manually by January 30. For automatic renewals, we attempt to renew the domain name on January 14, January 21, and January 30.
- Backorders: Not supported
- Transfers to GoDaddy: Supported
- There's no charge to transfer a .at domain to GoDaddy and there is no extension to the domain expiration date. If your domain has expired at the current registrar, it must be renewed prior to transferring.
- Transfers away from GoDaddy: Supported
- Transfer Lock: Not Supported
- Transfers to another GoDaddy account: Supported
- Basic privacy protection: Not supported
- Protection plan upgrades: Not supported
- Cashparking: Supported
- Contact updates: Supported
- Cannot use a P.O. Box as an address.
For details on refunds, see our refund policy. Most domains will follow the Standard Refund Terms, but certain domains may have exceptions or may not be refundable at all. Review the information under Products with Special Refund Terms, and then cancel Domain Name Registrations/Renewals and Products Not Eligible for Refunds.
- Must use: 2-8 authoritative nameservers
- Can use: DNSSEC, IPv4, IPV6
- Cannot use: N/A
You must list the authoritative nameservers in the domain's zone file prior to registering or modifying the domain. You also need to verify the nameservers are resolving properly before assigning them to the domain in your GoDaddy account. If you're using GoDaddy nameservers, we'll handle this for you.