cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Hosting expired, files and database deleted for two domain

Hi,

I was hosting my websites on Godaddy for last two year, all of my domains and hosting account were with GoDaddy. Last month I renewed all my domains but missed to renew the hosting with godaddy. Now, finally got free from stuff made me busy, I logged in and realized that all my files and database for domains are gone. I was hosting Wordpress on Godaddy. Is there a way to renew hosting and get all files and databases back?

18 REPLIES 18

How to restore deleted public_html folder

I accidentally deleted everything in the public html folder. I tried uploading the site files again trough filezilla but it's not working. When I try to view the site on google I get a page that says I don't have permission to access the sever. is there a way I can reset the file manager? 

Employee
Employee
Solution

Re: Hosting expired, files and database deleted for two domain

HI @SheikhSaadi

Sorry to hear about the loss of your hosting. There may be a way for our web hosting department to restore your files and content but there is a very small window for this so please contact our 24/7 customer support line as soon as possible to gather further details of the restore process and the costs associated for the restore. 

Alternatively, If you have taken the opportunity to backup your files and databases it may be more convenient to purchase a new plan and proceed with a manual restore. 

As always, to avoid this from happening in the future please be sure to check your accounts auto-renew settings so that your most important products do not risk deletion. 

Best wishes!

-Techfly 

New

Dear Techfly,

My hosting expired and I lost all website info. Is there a way to restore the account and get the website back? Thanks.

Restored Backup - Website is now unavailable

I recently tried restoring my website to the latest backup (accidentally...I truly just wanted to download the backup onto my harddrive). Once the backup completed my website became unavailable. I can't access the FTP, the WP Admin section, and the website is offline to customers. Is this temporary or has my website been lost? 

When in the "Manage" Section  the updates section reads "Plugin & Theme status is unavailable due to site customizations"

Please help!!

Helper II

@TechFly wrote:

As always, to avoid this from happening in the future please be sure to check your accounts auto-renew settings so that your most important products do not risk deletion. 

Auto-renew is certainly better than trying to remember every month to make a manual payment. At the same time, if your credit/debit card expires, or your card is stolen, the auto-renew won't help if for some reason you miss the emails from GoDaddy. (Is there anyone here who has never missed an important email?)

Mark D Worthen PsyD
Clinical-Forensic Psychology

How to recovery data website when not backup

I just set up the account and lost all databases and files, now I want to recover data and files that were not previously there. ming help, thank you.

New

Files on webroot are gone

I realised yesterday that nothing was visible anymore from my website www.corrymorehouse.com. I logged into my GoDaddy account today to check that all had been paid on time and system status was OK. In Files and FTP, I looked at the files under webroot and found out that no more /assets and /html directories were present, and that other directories were empty. I did not do anything on the website for the last couple of years, just paying to renew domain name and hosting, and now the website content is gone ! How is that possible ?

New

shared hosting sql server database backup and restore

Unable to backup or restore database. no permissions this... no permissions that... using sql server management studio, and with Plesk, there is NONE of the options stated below: 

"From the Actions menu, click one of the following:
Details — View information about your database, such as its host name, and edit its details, such as resetting your password.
Back Up — Create backups of your database to protect against data loss. For more information, see Backing up and Restoring MySQL or MSSQL Databases
Restore — Restore a backup version of your database. Restoring a database replaces some or all of your existing database tables with a backed up version."

Spent hours trawling for info and none of it seems to apply, or so much contradicting info. So what now?

New

Hosting Expired?

Hi can anyone help? I have logged in to see that my hosting has dissapeared I can only think that it hasn't been renewed? Is it possible to retrieve the site and content please? 

Smiley Mad

Regards, Richard.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hosting Expired?

Hi @SFG,

There is a small window of time that support can do this. Please contact support asp!

New

Re: Files on webroot are gone

Did you ever receive a response because the same thing happened to me.  Files disappeared though I had paid in full.

I have this same problem and am not happy. Its unreal that it can even happen without any proper notification. My website has simply been washed away. That is a LOT of work and money spent, so I hope it can be rectified. It's unbelievable.

I had the exact same thing happen! I was away on holiday in April and my credit card must have expired, because the hosting didn't renew. A few weeks later when I got back I realised the site had completely disappeared and contacted GoDaddy to find out what had happened. Turns out the site was completely gone, and I hadn't even received a notification. They said I could access the content itself for a cost of £150 via a BETA site of some sort, but I wouldn't get the actual website back, so I'd lose all SEO etc. I literally could not believe that almost 6 year's worth of content disappeared just like that, without any warning. Very upsetting, and issue never resolved. Customer service was also appalling.

We're any of you able to restore your sites?  Our hosting is current and not in any way expired, but our site disappeared less than 8 hours ago.  We have called tech support and restored the files, but the site is still invisible.  Is this permanent? 

Re: Hosting Expired?

We did contact support almost immediately after our site disappeared.   We were not expired and were set to auto renew with a current credit card. 

I agreed! Same thing happened to me!

How long is the window to renew expired products?

I have the same problem, my domain and cpanel is completely gone and I don't know when it was cancelled!

Many thanks

They deleted mine too. Thougjt i was paying for the web hosting for website builder. But instead i was paying for sevices godaddy illegally added to my account. Sleezy company