• Welcome and Announcements

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    New

Avoiding Being Marked as Spam

Due to a moment of indecision, I posted the same question in two different categories, as I wasn't sure which one it best fit into. This resulted in both posts being marked as spam and removed. Having learned from this experience, I know not to make this mistake again. I do not know, however, if posting my question again (in just one category this time) will be seen as a continuation of the spam and removed again. Can I post my question again, or will I have to reword it so that it is not seen as the same post as those that were removed?

EDIT: I contacted a moderator and my question was reposted

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Community Manager

Hi @JoBro. Thanks for reaching out. I've cleared the spam flag from both of your posts. It is important not to post the same message in more than one place, but that is not why the posts were marked as spam. In this case, it happened automatically. Usually this means our system identified some of the content in your message that matched patterns of known spamming. It may be  because you mentioned a number of domains, but I don't know the reason currently. Sorry for any confusion. 

Since your post seems to be more about SSL Certificates, I have removed the extra post in the Managed WordPress Hosting board. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
    Community Manager

Hi @JoBro. Thanks for reaching out. I've cleared the spam flag from both of your posts. It is important not to post the same message in more than one place, but that is not why the posts were marked as spam. In this case, it happened automatically. Usually this means our system identified some of the content in your message that matched patterns of known spamming. It may be  because you mentioned a number of domains, but I don't know the reason currently. Sorry for any confusion. 

Since your post seems to be more about SSL Certificates, I have removed the extra post in the Managed WordPress Hosting board. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

Thank you very much! I'm sorry for posting it twice, I'm still rather new to this community. Thanks a lot for your help!

Community Manager

Totally no problem @JoBro! Welcome to the Community 😁

I wanted to ask a question, but it was instantly deleted? Can't we just ask simple questions that we are unable to understand initially?

Singer,