• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    New

would like to work on new website while old site is up

We would like to substantially overhaul a website in websites+ marketing, but need the current website up and running. Can we work on a new website with the same URL behind the scenes and upload it to replace the current site when we have completed it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Community Manager

Hi @dcckr. While Websites + Marketing does not have a staging area (as @PL281 mentioned) any changes you make in the editor are not live until you publish them. If you can do all the changes before you need to publish, that should meet your requirements. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
    Super User IV

@dcckr

Websites plus Marketing does not have a staging environment you could purchase an additional site plan and then move the domain from one site to the other.
    I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Community Manager

Hi @dcckr. While Websites + Marketing does not have a staging area (as @PL281 mentioned) any changes you make in the editor are not live until you publish them. If you can do all the changes before you need to publish, that should meet your requirements. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post