• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Website changes template alone?

Why GoDaddy change templates without our consent ?

I had my title to the left for the last year, and today, GoDaddy has decided it was going to the center, with my menu being split in two. WHY!? First, I never consented to pay for a [removed] interface like this. And now, there is no option to change it back, I'd have to completely rebuild the website with a new template. Why is GoDaddy always changing template like that ? Last time, they changed something in the picture coding, and my pictures were being 500% size and there was no way I could fix it. It magically got fixed three months later. One day, I had my pictures go super dark, it fixed itself a month later. I pay for a website that I've chosen and liked, and I don't like when it's being transformed in such an unprofessional way after I've already placed my sections like I wanted.

What are customers going to think ? That I just come up with weird ideas (I'm sorry, but the centered title is absolutely UGLY and I don't think this is handy at all).

What can I do ? Should I switch to another builder ? Move to the Wordpress or whatever thing that allows us to control more our template ? Do people encounter the same problem on that other platform ? What are my options ? I don't want to wait another two months before getting my title fixed back by some magic.

And also, I've already paid idk how many years in advance, totally regret the move... Do they even refund when we're not satisfied and want to move away ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@sebastienhb are you referring to mobile or desktop?  For mobile, the menu is on the left, and logo is centered.  For Desktop you can adjust position of the logo. Click into the Tambaqui name in Editor view and on the right side, you will see "Align" feature.  You can change the logo to be on the left.

Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 11.47.42 AM.png

Left align will look like this: 

Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 11.51.14 AM.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
    Product Team

Hi @sebastienhb I'm on the product team and want to make sure we address your concern. Can you send me your site address and which title you mean?  When we introduce new functionality, it generally requires a republish before taking effect. That way you have control over the change. We will investigate.  I'm wondering if you mean the logo / business name?  Several layouts have title, so if you can point out where it happened, it will make it faster to investigate.  thanks, Christine

@sebastienhb are you referring to mobile or desktop?  For mobile, the menu is on the left, and logo is centered.  For Desktop you can adjust position of the logo. Click into the Tambaqui name in Editor view and on the right side, you will see "Align" feature.  You can change the logo to be on the left.

Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 11.47.42 AM.png

Left align will look like this: 

Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 11.51.14 AM.png

View solution in original post

Works now, thank you