• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    New

Video without sound

I uploaded a video on Vimeo that has sound. When I use it on the website the sound does not play. What is the solution to that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Community Manager

Hi @CMAINA and @odinux. Thanks for posting. The video header feature is not coded to play sound, only display the video. There's probably not anything wrong with your plan or video. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
    Resolver VI

Hi, thank you for joining the GoDaddy community. Actually, it may be the encoding issue. Vimeo online software is not understanding the audio of your video. Please try another video and check whether it is working or not.

Zulfiqar Anees | Founder/CEO at FastTech Media, TechMag, TechKnowable, and ZulWeb | GoDaddy Pro.

i have same issue and i dont think its ecncoding.

playing the video directly from vimeo with no issue.

BL
    New

I have the same issue.

no sound in video from my site ( I use the free plan)

https://burneo.godaddysites.com/

playing from  https://vimeo.com/436464833 with no issue.

BL
    Community Manager

Hi @CMAINA and @odinux. Thanks for posting. The video header feature is not coded to play sound, only display the video. There's probably not anything wrong with your plan or video. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

Hi there, that does help in understanding, but is there a way in go daddy web builder that is CAN?? if i cannto have video play sound on go daddy I may have to move my site elsewhere, is there anything i can do directly and specifically to have the sound play?

Hi @leesab,

Welcome to the Community!

The video will play with sound when inserted into a section of your web page. You can see the instructions here for making that addition. There is a video instruction you can view here as well. 

The answer provided above is only for the header feature on the website, and can only be employed using certain themes for your website.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support

thank you! i am aware of the video section you can add into the website from vimeo, and i did that and the sound works fine there. However, I was trying to have the video in the header - and am aware of the particular themes that you can use so that video is your header. and that is where I want the video to be. but the video will not play sound in the header, it will only play sound in the "insert video section" of the website via vimeo. I called go daddy about this and they did not have an answer for why sound will not work in the header. Any suggestions?

Hi @leesab - this is Yun from the product team. You are right. For video header, we currently do not allow sound playing. The reason is there is no control to turn it off - that is the purpose of header video, used as background without exposing control to site visitors. You can image how this can be an issue when you have header video with sounds on but also other video sections. Site visitors could be hearing overlapping audio. Hope this helps to explain the set up. Thanks