• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    New

Requesting an increase my page limit past 50

Today I reached the 50-page limit and I can’t create any more pages. I would like to mention that I worked with GoDaddy and I trusted them for many years, but I was never aware or notified when I payed a year in advance that they have a certain limit of ONLY 50 pages. After searching for the solution here, on the Community, I found one - to contact the tech support, request an increase, and they should do it with no problems. Ok. I did contact the tech support and explained the situation. I have a list of services and each service has to be described on a separate page. Describing everything on one page is not an option because it would be miles long page and it doesn’t look professional. So only for that reason alone I need at least 50 pages. I am not even mentioning pages like About and Contact. I am not greedy but I do need at least 150-200 pages to complete my website. I spent so much time on the phone with the support and now I feel cheated. In short, I was told that the information described here, in the Community, IS NOT VAILD. They said that they asked their developers team about the increase and they denied it. There was no clear explanation given why exactly they denied my request. I was very clear about why I need an increase - every service we provide should be described on a different page! And the only solution the tech support proposed was to transfer EVERYTHING to Wordpress. In other words to start building everything from scratch. I said that I don’t have time to spend hours and days to start all over again. So they found the solution very quick - pay us and we’ll do it for you. And I believe that is the reason they denied my request to increase the page limit - so I have to pay them AGAIN and now for transferring everything to Wordpress (which I refuse to use for a number of personal reasons). And besides, I was well aware about Wordpress but I chose GoDaddy to do business with, so why would I transfer to Wordpress now? I could’ve gone with them from the beginning but I chose GoDaddy. And now I am having serious problems.
    Is there anyone who can actually help? I really want to stay with GoDaddy and do need page increase!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
    Super User IV

@AnnaG 

We are end users like you so we cannot do anything to increase the limit. I've seen the posts that you are referring to about increasing the limit, from what I understand is that it was really case by case basis.

You mention you need at least 150-200 pages. I was curious as to the other "Website Builders" out there and they have limits as well. Wix seems to have 30, Squarespace had a limit of 20 - but this is more of an ecommerce platform, Weebly has a limit depending on which of their plans you are on.

As a web developer, I would tell you for a site that is 150-200 pages any of the DIY Builders would not be the right fit. For the most part they are all designed to be driven by the navigation menu so you would have to have 150-200 menu items. The systems usually allow for submenus but not multiple levels.

My advise would have been WordPress from the start as well. You've said you don't like WordPress - There is Joomla and Droopel which in my opinion you need to be more technical to use but these are other options for you.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

Hi @AnnaG,

Welcome to the Community.

As @PL281 advised, all website builders have limitations, and it makes sense by the menus needed that increasing the page count by 4 times (from 50 to 200!) is out of the Websites+Marketing (W+M) range. When you were advised by the GoDaddy agents to go TO WordPress, they meant for you to choose a WordPress plan within your account. WordPress is an open-source application tool that can be either installed on a cPanel hosting plan, or hosted on the Managed WordPress plans available in the GoDaddy product line. You don't have to leave GoDaddy to use the application. 

Though it sounds like a large task to recreate the website, you could keep the W+M site alive while you copy/paste content from it to a WordPress website build. And yes, GoDaddy offers to build it for you, as they continue to enlarge the services they offer to GoDaddy customers to help them build their business and oline presence. It's a time-vs-money equation that all business owners face. Give the GoDaddy support team a call if you need help getting started.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support

3 REPLIES 3
    Super User IV

@AnnaG 

We are end users like you so we cannot do anything to increase the limit. I've seen the posts that you are referring to about increasing the limit, from what I understand is that it was really case by case basis.

You mention you need at least 150-200 pages. I was curious as to the other "Website Builders" out there and they have limits as well. Wix seems to have 30, Squarespace had a limit of 20 - but this is more of an ecommerce platform, Weebly has a limit depending on which of their plans you are on.

As a web developer, I would tell you for a site that is 150-200 pages any of the DIY Builders would not be the right fit. For the most part they are all designed to be driven by the navigation menu so you would have to have 150-200 menu items. The systems usually allow for submenus but not multiple levels.

My advise would have been WordPress from the start as well. You've said you don't like WordPress - There is Joomla and Droopel which in my opinion you need to be more technical to use but these are other options for you.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

I have a website on wix.com and have over 1900 pages on that platform. There is no limit to number of pages on wix.com

I also recently signed up for GoDaddy website builder and have spent a week working on my website and now I am being informed that there is a 50 page limit!

It is not mentioned anywhere in the plan details when you sign up.

This is switch and bait. If GoDaddy is going to put this limit, they should inform the users when they sign up for this product.

There are threads on this forum going back to last year which talk about this limit but the product details/description has not been updated to let the new users know.

This is fraud and a very poor marketing practice. GoDaddy is deceiving customers and is forcing them to abandon all of their work weeks after they start working on their website when they realize that they cannot add more than 50 pages.

Shame on GoDaddy product management team. If you want to set this limit, LET CUSTOMERS KNOW WHEN THEY SIGN UP!

Hi @AnnaG,

Welcome to the Community.

As @PL281 advised, all website builders have limitations, and it makes sense by the menus needed that increasing the page count by 4 times (from 50 to 200!) is out of the Websites+Marketing (W+M) range. When you were advised by the GoDaddy agents to go TO WordPress, they meant for you to choose a WordPress plan within your account. WordPress is an open-source application tool that can be either installed on a cPanel hosting plan, or hosted on the Managed WordPress plans available in the GoDaddy product line. You don't have to leave GoDaddy to use the application. 

Though it sounds like a large task to recreate the website, you could keep the W+M site alive while you copy/paste content from it to a WordPress website build. And yes, GoDaddy offers to build it for you, as they continue to enlarge the services they offer to GoDaddy customers to help them build their business and oline presence. It's a time-vs-money equation that all business owners face. Give the GoDaddy support team a call if you need help getting started.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at x.co/247support